The 208 was the best-selling car in Europe in 2022 and is an iconic model in the PEUGEOT range. Now it is taking on a whole new dimension. The 208 is being refreshed, becoming even more irresistible thanks to its a 100% electric version with a range of 400 km, its reinvented design, cutting-edge technologies and driving pleasure along with new powertrains.
The new PEUGEOT 208 delivers:
- More Allure with an irresistible sporty look, a feline stance and the new, more modern, PEUGEOT light signature.
- More Emotion, with a more digital and technological PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® that boosts driving pleasure.
- More Excellence with electrification in its genes and a new E-208, offering a range of 400 km (under approval),new HYBRID 100 and HYBRID 136 engines and the latest generation of PEUGEOT infotainment systems.
As the heir to nine generations of PEUGEOT city cars, the 208 has enjoyed uninterrupted success since its launch at the end of 2019. In just over three years, nearly 1,000 000 units of the 208 have been produced worldwide. In 2021 and 2022, the PEUGEOT 208 was the best-selling car in Europe (and in France), all segments combined.
This success is due in no small part to the success of the E-208. In 2022, the E-208 became Europe’s best-selling electric car in the B segment. In France last year, it was even the best-selling electric car across all segments.
The new PEUGEOT E-208 will go on sale in November 2023.
The range will be based on three versions – ALLURE, ACTIVE, GT – and six powertrains, including the new 115 kW/156 bhp all-electric motor, offering a range of 400 km (WLTP combined cycle under approval) and the new HYBRID 100 and HYBRID 136.
A spectacular highlight with the new PEUGEOT signature at the front
First introduced on the 9X8 Hypercar, the new 508 and 508 SW, then recently on the new 2008. The new PEUGEOT light signature now also adorns the new E-208. The three long vertical light claws are a distinctive element of this signature and are integrated into the gloss black inserts on the bumper. They have been shifted towards the outer edge of the car and help to give the 208 a more solid, visually broader stance
All new 208s feature this new front light signature. On GT versions, this light feature goes even further: the striking effect of the three light claws is extended into the lighting function of the full LED headlamps using three independent optical modules.
A front end with a new look
All new 208 models feature the all-new front end, pushing the 208 into the new era of PEUGEOT design, with the brand’s new logo at its centre.
The grille features an evolving body-coloured pattern which blends into the bumper. This design reflects the electrification of the range and gives the new E-208 greater poise. The grille and body are no longer compartmentalised, but form a whole, increasing visual robustness, efficiency and modernity.
A redesigned rear light signature
The new E-208 reinvents the brand’s emblematic rear light signature, comprising three juxtaposed red claws. The new model remains faithful to these three clusters, but they are now horizontal. They comprise three elegant lines of LEDs that extend the black strip around the boot lid and give the car a more commanding rear view and contribute to a perception of greater width. On the GT version, the reversing lights and indicators are also LED.
Striking new colours
Defying convention, the new E-208 looks better than ever with the new Agueda Yellow, the launch colour. Another new colour for the 208 is Selenium Grey, elegant and discreet to emphasise modernity.
The new 208 is available in seven body colours: Agueda Yellow, Selenium Grey, Artense Grey, Perla Black, Banquise White, Elixir Red and Vertigo Blue. All new 208 models feature gloss black rear-view mirrors, irrespective of the colour chosen, and the GT version comes as standard with gloss black wheel arches (and, as an option, a black roof).
New wheel designs
The new wheels are one of the key elements of PEUGEOT’s new design. Illustrated by the disruptive wheel designs offered on the 408, this approach has been extended across the brand’s new models. The new E-208, comes with several alloy wheel designs, all new, in 16-inch (NOMA diamond-cut two-tone wheels) or 17-inch (YANAKA diamond-cut two-tone wheels with inserts). All alloy wheels feature a 4-spoke centre stamped with the PEUGEOT logo, which conceals the wheel nuts.
New PEUGEOT brand identity
The front, side and rear nameplates on the new 208 features new lettering and a new Basalt Grey colour. At the rear, the PEUGEOT badge now stands alone across the entire width of the boot lid. The E-208 has been given an “E” badge in two-tone Blue and White.
Elegant new fabrics
The interior appeal of the New 208 is enhanced by the new seat fabrics , illustrated by the new black Alcantara upholstery with Adamite Green stitching (available as an option on the GT version). The GT version boasts the highest level of attention to detail, with the dashboard trim and armrests also featuring elegant Adamite Green stitching.
A new design for the digital instrument cluster
The instrument cluster is ideally located at the driver’s eye level and features a digital display on the ALLURE and GT versions. Its generous 10-inch digital screen has a new design and, on the GT version, a 3D display as standard. Drivers can customise the colour of the display, as well as the layout and presentation of the information, according to their preferences. On the ACTIVE version, the new 208 has kept an analogue instrument cluster with 3.5″ colour screen.
A large 10-inch central touchscreen for all new 208 models
The large central 10-inch touch screen is standard on all new 208s, whereas previously the first two trim levels came with a 7-inch screen. This ideal interface makes it easy to control the latest generation of PEUGEOT i-Connect and PEUGEOT i-Connect Advanced infotainment systems.
On the new 208 ALLURE and GT, the central screen features HD technology. On all versions, the piano keys are still under the central screen for quick access to key functions.
The compact steering wheel
At the heart of the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®, the compact steering wheel is the instrument of driving pleasure, offering unequalled agility and precision. The compact steering wheel of the new 208 incorporates the new PEUGEOT badge at its centre and, where appropriate, the new GT logo on the lower part of its rim. For optimum ergonomics, it houses the controls for the multimedia system (audio, telephone) as well as volume and voice control.
Dynamic ambient lighting on GT versions
Eight different colours, some of them brand new, are available for users of the new 208 GT. The different colours now coordinate with those of the central touchscreen and, where appropriate, take account of the chosen driving mode.
Modernised manual gearbox controls
The new 208s equipped with the six-speed manual transmission have a new gearshift knob for improved ergonomics. The new 208s with automatic transmission have kept the elegant, practical and discrete selector introduced in Spring 2022.
The new E-208 offers even more: a range of 400 km
The new E-208 offers a 115kW/156bhp all-electric engine, combined with a 51kWh battery, providing a range of 400km (WLTP combined cycle under approval).
Two types of on-board chargers are available to suit all uses and charging solutions: as standard, a 7.4kW single-phase charger and, as an option, an 11kW three-phase charger.
Estimated recharge times from 20% to 80% are less than 25 minutes from a fast charger (100kW), 4 hours 40 minutes from a Wallbox (7.4 kW) and 11 hours 10 minutes from a reinforced socket (3.2kW).
New hybrid powertrains
For customers looking for their first taste of electrification, the new 208 offers two new 48V HYBRID powertrains from PEUGEOT, comprising a latest-generation PureTech 100bhp and 136bhp petrol engine, combined with the e-DCS6 dual-clutch electrified 6-speed gearbox which includes an electric motor.
Thanks to a battery that recharges while driving, this technology offers extra torque at low revs and up to 15% lower fuel consumption. In urban driving, the new 208 HYBRID 100 and HYBRID 136 can operate more than 50% of the time in 100% zero-emission electric mode.
The range of engines
For customers looking for the most accessible petrol versions, the new 208 range offers two particularly economical and efficient engines:
- PureTech 75: 3-cylinder 1.2 petrol engine with 75bhp, equipped with a Stop & Start system, combined with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- PureTech 100: 3-cylinder 1.2 petrol engine with 100bhp, equipped with a Stop & Start system, combined with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The latest generation of PEUGEOT connected information systems
The new 208 now comes with the PEUGEOT i-Connect system as standard, and all versions can be fitted with the PEUGEOT i-Connect Advanced system as an option.
Both are controlled via the central 10-inch high-definition touchscreen, which is easily customisable, multi-window with widgets or shortcuts, very easy to use and as responsive as a smartphone. It is easy to swipe through the different menus from left to right, top to bottom for notifications, or even with a 3-finger tap to bring up the applications homepage.
It is easy to return to the main page at any time by pressing the ‘Home’ piano key at the bottom of the screen. At the top of the screen, a permanent banner displays information on the outside temperature and air conditioning, the position in the widget pages, connectivity data, notifications and the time.
The PEUGEOT i-Connect system offers full connectivity thanks to a wireless mirroring function (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto), as well as the experience is complete with the PEUGEOT i-Connect Advanced featuring high-performance TomTom connected navigation. The map is displayed on the entire 10-inch screen to make it easier to read.
System updates are carried out ‘over the air’. On the PEUGEOT i-Connect Advanced, the “OK PEUGEOT” natural language voice recognition command provides access to all requests relating to infotainment functions.
To assist users and answer any questions they may have, the system includes on-board documentation and tutorials.
More USB sockets
The new 208 ALLURE and GT versions now come with 3 USB-C sockets as standard (two at the front, one in the rear) and a USB-A socket (in the rear).
A more powerful induction charger for smartphones
The new 208 in ALLURE trim can be fitted with an optional 15W induction smartphone charger (compared with 5W previously). This is standard on the GT version. It it located behind the centre console flap and means that you can charge your smartphone quickly while in use for wireless mirroring.
High-definition parking cameras
The new front and rear parking assistance cameras on the new PEUGEOT 208 now offer a high-definition image. Depending on the version, the new high-definition front camera (coupled with blind spot monitoring) is now available as an option, providing a 360° view of the car’s immediate environment, an invaluable help when parking.
A comprehensive range of driving aids
In addition to the new high-definition parking assistance cameras, the new 208 offers its user features to make driving safer and easier:
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function and adjustable inter-vehicle distance setting.
- Automatic emergency braking with collision warning: detects pedestrians and cyclists, day or night, from 7 km/h up to 140 km/h.
- Extended road sign recognition and display on the digital instrument cluster: stop signs, one-way, no overtaking, end of no overtaking, in addition to the usual speed-related warnings.
- Active lane departure warning with lane correction.
- Driver attention alert, which detects a drop in attention over long driving periods and at speeds in excess of 65km/h, by analysing micro-movements of the steering wheel.
- Blind spot monitoring.
Online sales and service
Depending on the country of sale, the new PEUGEOT E-208 can be purchased via the brand’s online sales site for a 100% secure digital purchasing experience (“Selling Online”). Customers can purchase their new vehicle, trade in their old one and finance their purchase from their smartphone, tablet or PC. Customers can also choose to have their vehicle delivered free of charge to their home.
In conjunction with Free2Move Charge, PEUGEOT offers access to a range of different charging solutions:
- home or workplace charging, via a wide range of equipment (reinforced socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, …), a diagnosis to assess the electrical installation needed and the best charging solution, as well as the final installation, thanks to recommended partners,
- public charging via Free2Move Charge , providing access to a network of more than 350,000 charging points in Europe,
In addition, the battery of the new PEUGEOT E-208 is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km. A battery capacity certificate is available after a service, to certify the level of capacity of the battery,
The MyPeugeot® smartphone application, adds new features to the new E-208:
- It offers a virtual service book that keeps all invoices and the list of work carried out on the vehicle within the network stored in an electronic file. As well as being environmentally friendly, this helps to maximise your resale sell giving a future buyer confidence and ensuring a rapid sale.
- Sending the journeys you have planned remotely on your smartphone to your on-board navigation system is one way of saving time when starting your vehicle. The same goes for finding a parking space quickly once the journey is over. The navigation system is pre-programmed to carry outspoken instructions for added ease and safety. And with TomTom, the map updates itself automatically.
- Plan recharging on route, according to the desired level of charge left when you arrive at your destination. By planning your journeys in MyPEUGEOT, you can charge your vehicle at the most convenient times and locations.
- Remotely control the central locking, activate the lights and the horn via the MyPEUGEOT app. These features enable you to make sure your car is locked without having to retrace your steps, or easily find it in crowded car parks or in the dark.
- No need to worry about finding parking spaces as you car suggests car parks with the most available spaces when you arrive in town.
The option of programming thermal pre-conditioning, as well as checking, scheduling, initiating or deferring battery charging remotely.
A simple line-up
To make it easier for customers to choose, the range of the new 208 has been simplified into three versions: ACTIVE, ALLURE and GT, whose main standard features are:
- ACTIVE: new light signature with 3 vertical clusters at the front and 3 horizontal LEDs at the rear, manual air conditioning, electric front and rear windows, electric door mirrors, PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with 10-inch central touch screen, USB-C socket at the front.
- ALLURE: same as ACTIVE + 16-inch “NOMA” alloy wheels, body-coloured grille, front and rear parking assistance, electrically folding door mirrors, PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with 10-inch digital instrument cluster and 10-inch high-definition central touch screen, PEUGEOT i-Connect® infotainment system with full smartphone connectivity, 2 USB-C sockets at the front, 1 USB-C socket and 1 USB-A socket in the rear…
- GT: same as ALLURE + Full LED front headlamps, high-definition parking camera, keyless access and start, customisable ambient lighting, 10-inch digital instrument cluster with 3D display, electrically folding door mirrors with welcome lighting, gloss black wheel arches, GT badges…
The ideal size
The new PEUGEOT E-208 still has the same compact exterior dimensions: 4.055m long, 1.745m wide (excluding mirrors), 1.43m high. The boot volume remains unchanged at 309 litres (under the parcel shelf).