For all those who are ready to give a new lease of life to the automotive world, Peugeot unveiled the new 2008 SUV.
As an enthusiastic and fierce supporter of Peugeot’s brand vision of an exciting future, it is the ultra modern interpretation of an instinctive and versatile driving experience.
A genuine SUV in its dimensions, it clashes with a particularly powerful and distinctive style.
Ultra-technological, it adopts the new generation of immersive Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D, with equipment and driving aids designed by the best know-how Peugeot has to offer.
Being multi-energy, it offers the freedom to choose between 3 types of efficient engines: electric, petrol and diesel all offering phenomenally stimulating sensations.
The world is changing. New challenges call for new answers throughout the automotive industry. With its 208 years of history, the Peugeot brand is calmly pursuing its commitment in the era of the energy transition.
Our exciting and reassuring vision of the future is confirmed once again by the new SUV Peugeot 2008. It shows that technology and pleasure are not incompatible and that a car has the power to amaze. It turns a trip into a journey and offers everyone the mobility they need.
The new Peugeot 2008 emerges at the heart of the compact SUV segment, contributing to what is the success of the Peugeot range today: affirmation through design and differentiation through innovation and technology.
Powerful and distinctive in style, the new 2008 Peugeot SUV is a sculptural and desirable object. It fulfils the ambition to turn over a new and remarkable page in the history of Peugeot SUVs and is fully in line with the current style of the range while displaying its own personality.
The balanced lines and overall proportions are those of an SUV, with a recessed windshield that makes the bonnet more horizontal, creating a strong body. The car sits well on its wheels, perfectly shouldered, strong and reassuring.
Statutory and with identity, the front incorporates a proud and straight grille (body colour on electric versions), a carved bonnet and LED daytime running lights that fade under the projector in order to resurface below.
The faceted and bold profile immediately catches the eye, with different triangular lines. The result is a lively and incisive style, representing a real technical feat for parts pressing: never have flanks had as much volume! These lines end on the tailgate, for an undeniable coherence and overall homogeneity.
The style is robust, and even more with the large wheels (690mm), which perfectly fill the arches. The 18″ rims have added inserts with three advantages: easier customization, significant weight gain (4 kg across all wheels) and better aerodynamics.
A clear upgrade in quality and elegance with the two-tone Black Diamond black headlining, black window strip and the silk-screened C-pillar on the GT Line and GT versions.
Muscular with a high beltline, the rear end includes lights connected by a black strip with dual exhaust pipes on the PureTech 130 & 155.
As expressive as always, the signature with 3 LED claws is once again a feature here. Be it day and night, you’ll find it on the back on all versions and in the projectors of high-end versions. Depending on the destination, the headlights will use LED technology on all finishes.
In addition to the usual offer, striking and distinctive exterior shades are available and add even more tone to the style:
- Elixir Red, with a coloured varnish to enhance the depth and colour of the shade,
- Vertigo Blue, three-layers for a super bright finish,
- Fusion Orange, a new metallic colour exclusive for the new SUV Peugeot 2008.
Down with monotony! Inside, the colours and materials are meticulously detailed, skilfully combining noble materials and original colours.
- subtle, the doors panels decoration includes Orange (on Active) or Blue (on Allure) tampo-printing,
- technical sophistication and freshness in the Allure version, with modern “Urbanoïd” light blue upholstery,
- dynamic, the GT Line versions offer a chic atmosphere, enhanced by isolated Adamite,
- noble and sought after, the GT/e-2008 GT versions combine Alcantara®, leather and technical mesh. Black onyx stitched Adamite on the GT versions, the Alcantara® has an exclusive Greval® grey stitched blue and green on the Peugeot e-2008 GT versions.
This cosy interior is embellished on the GT Line and GT versions with bright decorations on the dashboard and the doors panels that have 8 colours that can be picked via the touch screen.
The spaciousness of the rear seats (a new record for the new CMP platform) makes the new SUV Peugeot 2008 a particularly versatile SUV. Its length of 4.30m and its wheelbase of 2.60m also give it a comfortable boot volume until 434 L (VDA V210). The modularity is ensured by a two-position floor (depending on versions) which provides a virtually flat floor once the bench is folded.
With a variety of new storage on board, you will be able to keep everything you need on a daily basis with you. In addition to the traditional door pockets and the glove box, there is ample storage space under the front centre armrest and more in front of the gear stick. Additionally, there is more discreet storage at the bottom of the central console. There you’ll find the very convenient induction charging area and its lid, which in an open position can cleverly hold a smartphone.
Passengers will also enjoy a passenger compartment full of sunlight thanks to the optional sunroof, offering a wide clear bay. Its opening to the outside preserves the spaciousness for people in the back.
Even more technological: the new Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D
The Peugeot i-Cockpit® is still based on the same fundamentals and offers flawless ergonomics for awakening the senses:
- a compact steering wheel, for better handling and better grip,
- a large HD touch screen at your fingertips,
- and now an innovative 3D heads-up receiver,
A favourite of our customers and currently present in 5 million Peugeot vehicles around the world, it’s a wholly new interpretation which currently equips the new SUV Peugeot 2008.
Information is placed in the driver’s line of sight. Depending on the version, the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D instrument cluster projects it like a hologram. The indications are dynamic and animated: they get closer to the eye depending on their degree of importance or urgency, thereby increasing reactivity by around half a second. Unveiled on the new Peugeot 208, the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D is a real innovation, a world first in the segment. It improves driving in every way: efficiency, readability, and safety are at an all-time high.
The touch screen can be 10 inches diagonally depending on the version, and it is controlled via touch shortcuts placed next to Toggle Switches or with the new voice command.
Accuracy and credibility abound since, in addition to sight, touch is also required when using foamed plastics on the dashboard as well as sophisticated and pleasant materials in many places, such as Alcantara® or Nappa® leather. The door panels and dashboard inserts have a “carbon” look, while the EAT8 gearbox control is 100% electric (“shift and park by wire”), allowing easy and intuitive operation. It is complemented by paddles on the wheel for the driver to take over quickly if needed.
Modern, connected and technological
Unprecedented and even scarce in this segment, the equipment and driving aids are taken from the upper segments and are at the highest level of Peugeot brand know-how. It’s an impressive technological arsenal, including:
- Drive Assist plus, which paves the way to semi-autonomous driving. It combines:
- the lane departure avoidance system, linked to the Lane Positioning making it possible to choose your position in the lane,
- the adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function in EAT8 automatic gearbox,
- Park Assist that automatically manages the steering when entering and leaving a parking spot, with only 60 cm difference between cars when parked,
- the latest-generation automatic emergency braking, which also detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 5km/h to 140 km/h),
- active warning of involuntary lane crossing (or the roadside),
- driver warning alert, recommending a break if necessary,
- automatic switching of high beam, to focus even more on the road,
- further recognition of signs (one-way, stop) with recommendation for speed signs,
- active blind spot monitoring,
- the electric parking brake.
As the co-pilots of everyday life, smartphones will also be in the new 2008. Its information will be integrated into the central screen thanks to MirrorScreen compatibility including MirrorLink™ connection protocols, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.
In addition to the induction charging zone, up to 4 USB sockets are available depending on the version (2 in the front including one USB-C and 2 on the back).
The routes will be optimized with TomTom® Traffic connected 3D navigation, which gives real-time traffic status and recalculates routes automatically. The driver will also be informed about risk areas, surrounding points of interest.
The most demanding music lovers will be pleased ; the music lovers will be delighted. Developed in partnership with the French high-end specialist in high-fidelity sound FOCAL®, the premium Hi-Fi system of the new SUV Peugeot 2008 is the result of more than 3 years of work. Already present in the Hi-Fi versions of the Peugeot 3008, 5008 and 508, this premium equipment is now available on the new SUV Peugeot 2008. In addition to an optimal acoustic layout, the 10 loudspeakers use technologies patented FOCAL® usually reserved living room installations: 4 aluminum inverted dome tweeters, four 165mm Polyglass woofers, 1 Polyglass central speaker and a Power Flower™ triple coil subwoofer. They are paired with a 12-channel 515 W amplifier, providing a detailed, rich and dynamic music scene.
Based on the new and efficient modular platform of latest generation CMP (Common Modular Platform), the new SUV Peugeot 2008 is a multi-energy vehicle. It offers the freedom to choose the type of motorization according to your needs and own uses: 100% electric, petrol or diesel.
For a la carte driving, it has a driving modes selector depending on the version: “Eco”, “Normal” and “Sport”.
To escape even further, the optional Grip Control will be connected with the hill assist descent control (HADC) to perfectly and safely control your vehicle and its trajectory in steep slopes.
Efficiency was the cornerstone of the development, all engines receive controlled air intakes, directed air flow wheels or even a streamlined underbody, all for a controlled air flow, and therefore an optimised air penetration coefficient.
The range is available in 4 levels of finish: Active, Allure, GT Line and GT, all available in 100% electric or thermical.
The high-end GT Line and GT versions have distinctive stylistic attributes:
- full LED projectors with 3-claw light signature,
- diamond 18″ aluminium wheels with inserts,
- meticulously-detailed interior: black trim, Adamite colour stitching, mood lighting, dynamic seats, aluminium pedals.
Efficient and responsible: the combustion engines meet the latest Euro 6 standards
In line with the latest Euro 6 standards, the internal combustion engines feature the latest technological advances of the Peugeot brand and are all equipped with Stop & Start and a particle filter.
For even more ease and driving comfort, some of these engines can be linked with the latest 8-speed automatic gearbox (EAT8).
The petrol engines are structured around the 3 cylinder-engine, a 1.2L engine size and adherence to the Euro 6d standard:
- PureTech 100 S&S BVM6,
- PureTech 130 S&S BVM6 or EAT8,
- PureTech 155 S&S EAT8 (only for GT).
For Diesel, the offer is with the 4-cylinder engine with a 1.5L engine size (Euro 6d-temp standards at launch):
- BlueHDi 100 S&S BVM6,
- BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8.
Exciting Full Electric driving pleasure
Because electric can be magical too, this first 100% electric SUV Peugeot makes it possible to reach a new world of sensations. The driver will enjoy a high level of panache, in total operating silence and no vibrations. This pleasure is accompanied by the freedom to travel in the city centre even in the Green Zones with restricted traffic.
The engine with a power of 100 kW (136 hp) and a torque of 260 Nm available immediately ensure a daily ease in all situations. The 50kWh high capacity battery provides a range of up to 310 km according to the new WLTP standard. This battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charging capacity.
The display of energy flows in the central display as well as in the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D receiver is ludic and make it easy and intuitive to understand how the traction chain works.
Two intuitive modes of energy recovery when braking are available and accessible directly from the gear stick:
- Drive (“D”), recovery is standard, for driving similar to a petrol or diesel vehicle
- Brake (“B”), recovery allows deceleration directly from the accelerator pedal
The batteries are optimally installed in the floor, ensuring that choosing an electric version won’t affect the performance of the new SUV Peugeot 2008. This ensures the same room and boot volume as the internal combustion versions.
An essential marker of the Peugeot brand, the dynamic behaviour of the new SUV Peugeot e-2008 has been the subject of careful attention and provides a touch of road and driving pleasure comparable to petrol and diesel versions. The drive axles have been adapted and the weight distribution is optimal.
The charging time depends on the power available:
- 16h for full charge from a Legrand® Green Up™ plug,
- between 5h15 and 8h for a complete charge with a WallBox (three phase 11 kW with optional charger or single phase 7.4 kW)
- 30mn to recover 80% of battery with the 100 kW public terminals, the thermal regulation of the battery makes it possible to use terminals with this power.
The programmable delayed charge is available from the navigation screen or from your smartphone with the MyPeugeot® application. This can also start charging at any time and allows you to check the charge level remotely.
For the highest level of thermal comfort, specific equipment has been developed:
- a 5 kW heating resistor and a 3kW climate compressor which are supplied by the traction battery, to provide heating and cooling in the passenger compartment,
- a heat pump and automatic regulation of the passenger compartment temperature to guarantee a level of comfort equivalent to the internal combustion versions. The system is suitable for optimized energy consumption,
- pleasant heated seats (depending on the version),
- thermal pre-conditioning programmable from the touchscreen or remotely via the MyPeugeot® smartphone app. Offering an ideal temperature in the cockpit as of the rise on board, this comfort is not done to the detriment of autonomy: when the vehicle is connected, energy necessary comes directly from the terminal of refill.
The new SUV Peugeot e-2008 does not have a specific silhouette but some captivating details that subtly underline its electrified personality:
- a sparkling dichroic Lion, with reflections alternating between green and blue depending on the angle of view,
- a specific “e” monogram on the front fenders and the tailgate,
- an elegant, body-coloured front grille with beads,
- exclusive seat upholstery in Alcantara© “Greval Grey” on e-2008 GT,
- finally, the on-board experience is complemented by a display specific to the electric version in the 3D receiver as well as in the touch screen.
And because electric isn’t only about motorization, the Peugeot brand is offering a full practical and didactic ecosystem to calmly support customers in their daily travel and use.
Three services will be on offer from launch:
- Easy-Charge will facilitate access to different charging solutions tailored to the needs of users. At home or at the office, a panel of charging solutions (reinforced plugs, Wallbox, Smart-Wallbox,…) will be proposed. Peugeot will also accompany its customers in the installation thanks to a partnership with specialized companies. In parallel, an offer of public charging solutions is available via Free2Move Services. A step of load gives access to the broadest network of load with more than 110,000 terminals in Europe via the PlugSurfing partner. The preselection of the terminals is done according to the distance, the speed or the price of the refill. Guidance towards the selected terminal can be carried out starting from the application Free2Move Services or the connected navigation of the vehicle.
- Easy-Move will ensure our customers’ mobility. A tool for planning and organizing long trips via Free2Move Services will offer the best journeys taking into account the autonomy and the location of the charging terminals on the way. For clear and serene driving, the route will be displayed directly on the touch screen of the vehicle. An extended mobility offer is included in the vehicle rent and allows you to rent an internal combustion vehicle according to your needs. Finally, a tool in the MyPeugeot application provides eco-driving tips to optimize the autonomy of your new SUV Peugeot e-2008,
- Serenity to support our customers throughout their journey with the new SUV Peugeot e-2008. New simulators and digital routes will help you to find out more about electric on the Peugeot brand websites, service contracts and dedicated roadside assistance may include financing. A certificate guaranteeing the level of capacity of the vehicle’s battery will facilitate resale.
The PEUGEOT e-2008 wins the Argus 2021 Trophy in the electric SUV category
For this edition of the Argus 2021 Trophies, the award ceremony took place remotely on a digital TV programme, hosted by journalist Margot Lafitte, on 28 January 2021. The prize list was dominated by electric vehicles, and the PEUGEOT e-2008 made a major contribution to this by winning the Argus Trophy in the electric SUV category.
PEUGEOT has been successful many times in the Argus Trophies in previous years. The PEUGEOT 208 won the prize for the ‘Argus 2020 Car’. As well as the PEUGEOT 508 which won the ‘Argus 2019 Car’ prize. The brand also won awards in many other categories.
In the era of the energy transition, the PEUGEOT e-2008’s triumph with the prize for the 2021 electric SUV is a new accolade for the PEUGEOT brand.
The PEUGEOT 2008 emerges at the heart of the compact SUV segment by contributing to what makes the PEUGEOT range so successful today: assertion through design and differentiation through innovation and technology.
This first PEUGEOT electric SUV paves the way to a new world of sensations. 100% electric, the driver will enjoy a high level of panache in a vehicle that is completely silent and devoid of any vibration.
As an essential marker of the PEUGEOT brand, particular emphasis has been placed on the dynamic behaviour of the new e-2008 SUV PEUGEOT, providing a road feel and driving pleasure comparable to petrol and diesel versions.
In France, more than 66,000 PEUGEOT 2008 were sold in 2020 and nearly 10% of these were electric versions.
“Having just taken over as Managing Director of the PEUGEOT brand, I am very proud and honoured to receive this Argus Trophy for the PEUGEOT e-2008. Being awarded this trophy is clear evidence of the power of seduction of this model and rewards its remarkable performance. It is also perfectly aligned with our energy transition since 100% of our range will be electrified in 2025” – Linda JACKSON – General Manager of the PEUGEOT brand.
This prize is awarded by a jury of 18 expert journalists in the Rating and Argus specialists. The ranking is established according to the following criteria: new purchase price, residual value, consumption and services in use (quality, comfort, driving pleasure and design).
The PEUGEOT e-2008 took first place on the podium ahead of the Audi e-tron Sportback, the Mazda MX-30 and the Volvo XC40 P8.