A silhouette in its own right, the PEUGEOT brand is proud to present the brand new PEUGEOT 308 SW. It has an expressive style with a racy profile and a sophisticated rear end. Efficient and ultra-modern without compromising on the essentials and expectations of customers in the compact estate segment.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is a real eye-catcher and offers :
- Room for passengers, with a length of 4.64 m and a wheelbase of 2.73 m,
- Efficiency, nothing is left to chance, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is aerodynamically optimised with a Cx of 0.277 and an SCx of 0.618 m, for gains in CO₂ emissions and fuel consumption,
- Myriad storage areas entirely dedicated to well-being and practicality. The large central console provides space for the driver and front passenger’s everyday items,
- Modularity for everyday use thanks to the row 2 seat, which can be split into 3 sections (40/20/40) and is equipped with controls for folding from the boot,
- A motorised boot flap for easy access with loaded arms and a two-position boot floor
- Loading volume for all personal and professional activities with a maximum boot volume of 608 litres of water and up to 1634 litres of water with the seat fully folded.
Top of the range and technological, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW, just like the new PEUGEOT 308, comes with a new and improved PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®. A totally new experience with more ergonomics, design, driving pleasure, quality and connectivity :
- A new compact steering wheel equipped with integrated controls and which can be heated,
- A 3-dimensional digital headset at eye level with a 10-inch digital display,
- An innovative 10-inch high-definition central touchscreen with the new PEUGEOT i-Connect® Advanced, an intuitive and connected infotainment system, identical to a smartphone environment.
- The new i-toggles replace the physical climate control panel. Each i-toggle button is fully configurable, and is a shortcut to a specific function on the central screen.
- Connectivity with four USB C sockets, wireless mirroring and the ability to connect two phones via Bluetooth at the same time.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW has the latest generation of semi-autonomous driving aids, for even greater safety, with the Drive Assist 2.0 pack (available at the end of the year). It consists of adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function (EAT8 automatic gearbox) and lane departure warning, and adds three new features available on dual carriageways: semiautomatic lane change, early speed recommendation and curve speed adaptation.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW comes in several types of engine, rechargeable hybrids (HYBRID 225 e-EAT8, HYBRID 180 e-EAT8), petrol versions (PureTech 110 S&S BVM6, PureTech 130 S&S BVM6 and PureTech 130 S&S EAT8) and diesel versions (BlueHdi 130 S&S BVM6 and BlueHdi 130 S&S EAT8).
Depending on the country, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW can be purchased on the brand’s online sales site, for a 100% digital purchasing experience, trade-in, financing and a choice of delivery location
The market and customers
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is part of the C-segment estate, a market in which PEUGEOT has had a lot of success for many years.
Although directly challenged by SUVs, this segment has remained constant since 2010, demand in Europe remains strong and sales forecasts are stable for the years to come.
The estate car customer base is both the youngest and most dynamic in the C segment and is very attached to the silhouette. Represented by active couples, with or without children, who use their vehicle intensively (they are the segment’s biggest drivers). They are very demanding and have many expectations, such as style, driving pleasure and technology, without compromising on volume and spaciousness.
It is in this context that the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is able to meet all needs and all customer groups (70% professional and 30% private) and is ready to win over new customers. The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is positioned at the top of the range with a concept based on these key themes: design, efficiency, technology and modularity.
The challenge for the new PEUGEOT 308 SW in terms of style was to provide character and desire, while offering excellent load volume. Like with the saloon, the structure’s shape was optimised to design a very sloping roof and increase the area of material available to shape the rear without compromising the interior space.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is a car with a strong personality that embodies the notion of style as the service of function. It has been designed to attract and draw the gaze towards an object whose prime objective is loading, space on board and practicality. The wheelbase is 55mm longer than that of the saloon, which adds to the slender silhouette and rear space.
Therefore the new PEUGEOT 308 SW rear end has the characteristic shape of the new PEUGEOT 308’s side theme, sculpted in depth, which creates a pronounced light intake that presses the car to the ground, which is the key to its stance.
The design of the side window inset, which falls faster than the roof, creates a variation in the material (thicker body colour) which gives the new PEUGEOT 308 SW a particularly dynamic silhouette in the segment.
The rear end features the ultra-thin full LED lights of the saloon, but without the black strip that links them on the latter, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is instead seeking to increase the amount of perceived bodywork, especially at the rear flap, to reflect its added volume and draw the eye to the extra space.
Like the saloon, the rear end has been designed to optimise the airflow pattern for aerodynamic performance. The skirt is particularly imposing, since it acts as an extension of the lower part of the sidewall like an aerodynamic deflector by breaking the air flow coming from the doors.
At the front end, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW bears the new PEUGEOT brand crest in a grille that is entirely dedicated to it. Its presence is reinforced by the pattern of the grille which gradually converges towards it.
A design and technological evolution, the radar for the driving aids disappears behind the crest (radome technology using indium compatible with radar waves), giving it pride of place on the grille. The number plate has been moved to the bottom of the front end.
The front headlamps use LED technology from the first trim level. The headlamp and chiselled and sharp to contribute to the dynamics and identity of this new PEUGEOT 308 SW. They are extended by daytime running lights in the shape of fangs on the front bumper. This light signature is perfectly in keeping with the current PEUGEOT style, identifiable at first glance by day and night.
On the GT/GT Pack levels, the Full LED headlights are even slimmer and become PEUGEOT Matrix LED Technology, for greater efficiency and safety in everyday driving.
At the rear, the lights adopt full LED technology displaying the 3 claws for a modern light signature, specific to the brand.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW will come in seven colours :
- Avatar Blue, Elixir Red,
- Pearl White,
- Banquise White,
- Artense Grey, Platinum Grey, Perla Nera Black.
PERFECT FIT, naturally well designed
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is built on a scaled-up version of the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) multi-energy platform, which allows a wide range of versions to be deployed. Two plug-in hybrid versions are available from launch.
The platform includes new structural elements, for even greater efficiency, safety, driving pleasure and comfort. Compared to the saloon, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW increases its wheelbase (+55 mm) to reach 2.732 m, with 129 mm of knee room in row 2, and maximises the boot volume
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is longer, lower and sleeker than the previous model :
- the length is now 4.64 m (+6 cm),
- the tracks (are identical): 1,559 mm / 1,553 mm
- the windscreen tilts and moves back,
- lower by 20 mm, the height is now 1.44 m.
The rear overhang is 21 cm longer than that of the saloon, which means the rear end is perfectly balanced between :
- a bumper that perfectly reflects the new design, a deep and spacious boot.
The dimensions of the new PEUGEOT 308 SW perfectly meet the expectations of the segment’s customers and enable it to offer one of the best boots overall on the market, with a two-position floor (internal combustion engines) that ensures practicality and modularity.
On internal combustion engines, the boot under the parcel shelf has a volume of :
- with the boot floor in the lowered position, 608 litres of water and compartmentalized storage space under-carpet.
The two-position floor offers storage space behind the seat backs.
To make it even more practical, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW has a 3-part bench seat (40/20/40) as standard. It is equipped with a system to instantly fold the three sections of the seat by using two controls easily accessible from the sides of the boot.
This modular bench seat can be configured as follows, depending on what the customer requires :
- right-hand backrest folded down only,
- the centre backrest folded down to reveal a long space for skis.
- left and central backrests folded down,
- right and centre backs folded down
- With all the seat backs folded down, the available volume is, on the internal combustion engines, with the boot floor in the lowered position, 1634 litres of water and compartmentalized storage space under-carpet.
With the bench seat folded down, you can load an object longer than 1.85 m.
To make this practical on a day-to-day basis, the boot area is equipped with a 12V socket on the right-hand boot trim, LED lighting in the area, two storage nets and bag hooks.
The boot windstop can be easily unlocked with one hand by pressing upwards on the central handle to roll up easily.
On internal combustion engines, the boot windstop can be stored under the carpet or under the floor in two positions.
The boot flap is motorised to facilitate access if you have your hands full, opening automatically:
- by sweeping the foot under the bumper,
- by pressing the button on the remote control key,
- by pressing the external control of the tailgate, by pressing the push button on the dashboard.
PERFECT FIT, efficient
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW benefits from high-level aerodynamics, with a Cx of 0.277 and an SCx of 0.618 m². The style of all body parts is optimised (bumpers, rear quarter panels, diffuser, body pillars, mirrors, underbody screens, etc.).
In the same vein, the design of the wheels provides better aerodynamics and contributes significantly to performance. The gain is greater than 2 grams of CO₂ compared to the replaced version.
The tyres on the new PEUGEOT 308 SW range from 16 to 18 inches, in Class A and A+ categories, for better smoothness, without sacrificing the brand’s requirements in terms of benchmark road holding.
Efficiency has been a key concern throughout the development process. This new platform promotes lower fuel consumption and limits the new PEUGEOT 308 SW’s CO₂ emissions.
In order to improve vibration absorption, the rigidity of the body is optimised by bonding structural elements. More than ever, driving pleasure is in the very DNA of this new PEUGEOT 308 SW, with exemplary road holding, top-of-the-range ride comfort, excellent driving pleasure and perfect handling in town with a turning radius between kerbs of 10.68 m.
PERFECT FIT, a warm and comfortable atmosphere
The seats in the new PEUGEOT 308 SW have been designed with well-being in mind and to highlight the quality of the materials used: scalable flecked fabric, technical mesh, alcantara, embossed leather and coloured nappa leather.
On the GT versions, an Adamite-coloured signature thread laces through the seats, highlighting the dashboard, door panels and the foam pads on the console.
The front seats have been awarded the AGR (Aktion für Gesunder Rücken) label, as standard or as an option, rewarding both ergonomics and range of adjustment. They can also be fitted with 10way power adjustment with two memory settings.The wrap-around front seats can also be fitted with an optional 8-pocket pneumatic massage system with several differentiated programmes, as well as seat heating.
And not forgetting connectivity, with two USB C sockets (charging and charging/data) at the rear of the centre console from the Allure level.
There have also been technological changes for the new PEUGEOT 308 SW’s different windows :
- a fully heated windscreen,
- increased window thickness at the front and rear,
- acoustic laminated side windows in row 1 depending on the version,
- a frameless interior mirror from the Allure trim level onwards, including a cyancoloured LED on hybrid engines, indicating to the outside world that the vehicle is moving in zero emission mode.
The air conditioning system has been completely redesigned to improve thermal comfort for the occupants, and passengers in row 2 have air vents in the rear of the centre console.
As for the air inside, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is equipped with the AQS (Air Quality System) which constantly monitors the quality of the air entering the passenger compartment and can activate the air recycling system on its own. From the GT level upwards, this is complemented by the Clean Cabin, an air treatment system that filters out polluting gases and particles. The air quality is displayed on the central touch screen.
TECHNO SPIRIT, the new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®
The PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® is part of the brand’s DNA. With each generation, it becomes more refined and more modern. This new PEUGEOT 308 SW marks an evolution in terms of ergonomics, quality, design and technology with its brand new infotainment system, the PEUGEOT i-Connect®.
The new compact steering wheel incorporates sensors capable of detecting the driver’s grip on the wheel when using the new driving aids.
Ergonomic and heated (optional), it includes all the controls:
- driving aids.
The digital handset is located at eye level and includes a 10-inch digital display from the active pack level. In GT, the handset is three-dimensional. The digital handset can be fully customised and personalised and has several display modes (TomTom Connected Navigation, Radio/Media, Driving aids, Energy flow, etc.) which can be modified directly from the left control panel.
The construction of the dashboard of the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is based on a “high wind” architecture which places the air vents directly in front of the occupants’ heads. This position is optimal for driver and passenger comfort.
This architecture means the standard 10-inch central touchscreen, which is slightly lower than the digital instrument cluster, is placed closer to the driver’s hand by fitting naturally into the middle of the overall volume of the dashboard.
From the Allure level onwards, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW introduces fully configurable i-toggles which replace the physical air conditioning front panel. Arranged opposite the central screen, like an open book, they provide a unique aesthetic and level of technology in the segment.
Each i-toggle is a touch-sensitive shortcut key to the air conditioning settings, a telephone contact, a radio station, an application launch, etc., all of which can be configured by the user.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW’s PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® retains the principle of the “driver-oriented” central screen which optimises driving ergonomics, just enough so that the passenger does not feel excluded. The same applies to the centre console, which is deliberately open towards the passenger. One of the objectives of the interior design was to balance the space between the two front row occupants.
The design of the centre console reflects the space saving effect of the new compact air conditioning unit. Its design brings together all the car’s dynamic controls in an arch on the driver’s side :
- a new compact control to select the modes (Reverse, Neutral, Drive) and 2 buttons (Parking and Manual) for the 8-speed automatic gearbox,
- the Driving Mode selector, to select different modes (Electric, Hybrid, Eco, Normal and Sport) depending on the engine.
The arch of the centre console extends to a dedicated slot for wireless phone charging. The rest of the console is entirely dedicated to storage and practicality :
- two large-diameter cup holders,
- two USB C sockets (charge and charge/data), numerous storage compartments, up to 34 litres, an armrest.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is becoming one of the new references in the segment.
The interior design highlights the diversity and richness of the materials used. The LED mood lighting (choice of 8 colours) is hidden behind the central screen and glows over the main décor right up to the door panels which, depending on the trim level, can be foamed, in fabric, in Alcantara® or made of real pressed aluminium parts.
TECHNO SPIRIT, PEUGEOT i-Connect and i-Connect Advanced
Depending on their skills and desires, the new infotainment system can offer everyone the best of the world of smartphones and the best of the world of cars. Ergonomic and seamless with everyday use, each driver (up to 8 profiles) can define and save their own display, ambience and setting preferences.
The mirroring function is now wireless and it is possible to connect two phones via Bluetooth at the same time.
The central 10-inch high definition screen is fully and easily customisable, multi-window with widgets or shortcuts, very easy to use and responsive like a tablet.
It is easy to swipe through the different menus from left to right, up and down for notifications or with a three-finger tap to bring up the application wall.
You can easily return to the main page by pressing the touch-sensitive “Home” button, just like on a smartphone.
At the top of the screen, a permanent banner displays information on the outside temperature, air conditioning, position in the widget pages, connectivity data, notifications and the time.
The technological experience is complete with the PEUGEOT i-Connect Advanced, which is equipped with a powerful and efficient TomTom connected navigation system. For optimum legibility, the map is displayed on the entire 10-inch screen and is updated “over the air”.
The “OK PEUGEOT” command adds to safety and ease of use by using natural language voice recognition to provide access to all requests related to the infotainment functions.
In order to assist with proper use and to answer any questions, the system integrates on-board documentation and tutorials.
Developed in partnership with Focal, a French brand specialising in audio, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW’s innovative FOCAL® Premium Hi-Fi system is the fruit of more than three years of co-design work.
The FOCAL® Premium Hi-Fi system is made up of 10 speakers with exclusive patented technologies :
- 4 TNF aluminium inverted dome tweeters,
- 4 woofers/mediums with Polyglass cone and 165mm TMD (Tuned Mass Damper) suspension,
- 1 Polyglass centre channel,
- 1 Power Flower™ triple coil ovoid subwoofer.
They come with a new 12-way 690W amplifier (boosted class D technology) and completed with ARKAMYS digital sound processing.
The Peugeot and Focal teams worked together to determine the bespoke locations of each loudspeaker in order to offer all passengers a sensational sound immersion.
On board, the sound is stable and precise, voices are clear and detailed, and the bass is deep and impactful.
TECHNO SPIRIT, driving aids
On board the new PEUGEOT 308 SW, the latest generation of driving aids complete the range of on-board technologies, at the highest level of the brand’s expertise.
A further step towards semi-autonomous driving is taken with the Drive Assist 2.0 pack (available at the end of the year). It consists of Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go (EAT8 automatic gearbox) and Lane Keeping Assist, and adds 3 new features available on dual carriageways :
- Semi-automatic lane change: suggests the driver overtake the vehicle in front and moves back into their lane, from 70 km/h to 180 km/h.
- Anticipated speed recommendation: the system suggests to the driver that he adapt his speed (acceleration or deceleration) according to the speed limit signs.
- Speed adaptation on bends: optimises speed according to the curve of the bend, up to 180 km/h.
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW comes with new equipment as standard or as an option, worthy of the higher segments :
- Full arms access with a motorised boot lid,
- Long-range blind spot monitoring (75 metres),
- Rear traffic alert (when reversing, warns of nearby danger),
- New 180° high-definition rear view camera with integrated cleaning nozzle,
- 360° parking assistance with 4 cameras (front, rear and side),
- Hands-free start access,
- Fully defrostable heated windscreen and heated steering wheel, E-call+ emergency call with passenger information and lane guidance, Mirror indexing when engaging reverse gear.
Of course, the new PEUGEOT 308 SW still comes with a complete range of driving assistance, safety and comfort equipment depending on the trim level :
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function (EAT8 automatic gearbox) with
adjustable inter-vehicle distance setting,
- Adaptive Cruise Control with 30 km/h function in manual gearbox with adjustable
inter-vehicle distance setpoint,
- Automatic emergency braking (detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from
7 km/h to 140 km/h depending on version) with collision warning,
- Active lane departure warning with lane correction,
- Driver Attention Alert, to detect driver alertness over long driving times and at speeds of over 65 km/h, by analysing the micro-movements of the steering wheel,
- Automatic high beam switching,
- Extended recognition of traffic signs (stop, one-way, no overtaking, end of overtaking ban, etc.),
- Sunroof with velum,
- Perimeter, volumetric and deadlocking alarm, Electric parking brake for all versions.
PERFECT FIT, the engines
As the most emblematic symbols of the Brand’s Power of Choice, 2 rechargeable Hybrid engines are offered on the new PEUGEOT 308 SW :
- HYBRID 225 e-EAT8 / 2-wheel drive / combination of a 180 bhp PureTech engine (132 kW) and an 81 kW electric engine coupled with the e-EAT8 gearbox / from 26 g of C0₂ per km and up to 59 km of 100% electric range (according to the WLTP protocol, currently undergoing approval),
- HYBRID 180 e-EAT8 / 2-wheel drive / combination of a 150hp PureTech engine (110kW) and an 81kW electric engine coupled with the e-EAT8 gearbox / from 25g of C0₂ per km and up to 60km of 100% electric range (according to the WLTP protocol, currently undergoing approval),
The Li-ion battery has a capacity of 12.4kWh, a power of 102kW and two types of on-board chargers are available, meeting all customer uses and charging solutions, as standard a 3.7 kW single-phase charger and as an option a 7.4 kW single-phase charger.
The approximate charging times are as follows :
- from a Wall Box (32 A) 7.4 kW, for a full charge in 1 hour 55 minutes with the onboard single-phase charger (7.4 kW),
- from a reinforced socket (16 A), for a full charge in 3h50 with the single-phase onboard charger (3.7kW),
- from a standard socket (8 A), for a full charge in 7.05 hours with the single-phase on-board charger (3.7 kW).
The new PEUGEOT 308 SW is available with the following combustion engines, contained in CO₂, from 115 g/km. Meeting the latest €6 regulations, currently being approved according to the WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedures) protocol.
For petrol, 3-cylinder engines with a capacity of 1.2 litres :
- PureTech 110 S&S BVM6,
- PureTech 130 S&S BVM6, PureTech 130 S&S EAT8.
In Diesel, 4-cylinder engines with a capacity of 1.5 litres :
- BlueHdi 130 S&S BVM6, BlueHdi 130 S&S EAT8,
TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
The aim is to offer a TCO or cost of use that is close to that of a combustion vehicle and a hybrid vehicle, taking into account all the costs beyond the simple financial cost. All the following factors must be taken into account:
- a better residual value when resold on the second-hand market,
- a broad range of financial incentives (ecological bonuses, premiums, registration fees, aid for companies, insurance and tax deductions),
- a maintenance cost identical to that of a diesel engine (in 36 months and 90,000 km),
- lower energy costs (up to 12% less than a diesel engine in 36 months and 90,000 km).
The PEUGEOT eco-system
In order to support its customers through the energy transition, the PEUGEOT brand offers a range of services based on several pillars.
PEUGEOT Easy-Charge or how to ensure access to different charging solutions for our customers :
- a range of home or office charging solutions, via a wide range of equipment
(reinforced plug, Wall box, Smart Wall box, etc.), a diagnosis to assess the electrical installation to be provided and the best charging solution, as well as the final installation through our recommended partners,
- a public recharging offer via Free2Move, ensuring access to a network of more than 220,000 charging points in Europe: selection of charging points according to distance, speed and recharging price.
PEUGEOT Easy-care or how to reassure our customers through their discovery process and allow them to enjoy their car with complete peace of mind :
- new simulators and digital journeys to help discover the electric car on the PEUGEOT brand websites,
- adapted service contracts and roadside assistance, which can be included in a single financing package so that they can enjoy their vehicle with complete peace of mind
- a battery capacity certificate when the car is serviced, to make it easier to resell their vehicle by guaranteeing the level of capacity of the vehicle’s battery.
- The battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km at 70% of its charge capacity.
From the smartphone MyPeugeot® application or from the central screen, you can :
- Launch or schedule a thermal pre-conditioning, beyond comfort, this feature is used when the vehicle is plugged in to optimize autonomy (faster convergence of the temperature set point during the starting phases) and to reach the optimal temperature of the battery more quickly.
- Check, schedule, start or defer the battery charge.
Depending on the country of sale, via the “online sales” site, a customer is able to buy his new vehicle, trade-in his old vehicle and finance his new vehicle from his smartphone, tablet or PC. Each customer will have the freedom to choose to have their vehicle delivered to their home free of charge while scrupulously respecting all safety standards.
PEUGEOT is asserting its personality and character with its new logo, and the new PEUGEOT 308 SW is the first vehicle in the range to bear this emblem. A timeless symbol of French know-how and savoir-vivre, the brand is turning a new page in its history books encompassing present-day experience and global quality experience. The objective is to offer its customers of today and tomorrow a brand that meets their requirements.
The first PEUGEOT 308 SW will be delivered at the beginning of 2022. It will be manufactured in France, at the Mulhouse site.