Tesla Model S, the first fully electric sedan, is an evolution in automotive engineering. Combining performance, safety, and efficiency, it has reset the world’s expectations for the car of the 21st century with the highest possible safety ratings, the longest range of any electric vehicle, and over-the-air software updates that continuously make it better.
Built on the Tesla platform, the battery’s location on the floor gives Model S an extremely low center of gravity, greatly reducing the risk of rollover while at the same time enhancing handling and performance. Without an engine, Model S has a crumple zone much larger than other performance sedans to absorb the energy of a front end impact.
Tesla Model S is one of the safest cars on the road. Much of its safety is owed to the unique electric drivetrain that sits beneath the car. Model S has a low center of gravity, minimizing rollover risk. Model S’s safety record is proven by its NHTSA and Euro NCAP 5-star safety rating along with setting a record of the lowest likelihood of injury to occupants when tested in the United States.
Electric All Wheel Drive
With two motors, one in the front and one in the rear, Tesla Model S digitally and independently controls torque to the front and rear wheels. The result is unparalleled traction control in all conditions. Unlike conventional all-wheel drive vehicles that sacrifice fuel efficiency for increased traction, Tesla’s Electric All Wheel Drive system increases efficiency.
Reaching 0-60 mph in a mere 2.8 seconds, Tesla Model S is the quickest four-door sedan ever built.
Superior handling is the result of an extremely low center of gravity, thanks to the battery pack along the floor pan, centered between the axles. No other production car has a more ideal placement of mass for optimal handling.
Without an internal combustion engine, Tesla Model S allows for additional cargo space and offers a spacious cabin fitting five adults and two children (rear-facing jump seats).
The 17″ center touchscreen seamlessly integrates media, navigation, communications, cabin control and vehicle data into one intuitive interface. Many functions are mirrored on the instrument panel and are voice-activated to focus the driver’s attention on the road.
Tesla Model S allows you to travel anywhere without using a drop of gasoline. The EPA rates the efficiency of Model S as equivalent to 90 mpg.
Over-The-Air Software Updates
Over-the-air software updates add functionality, enhance performance, and improve the driving experience of Tesla vehicles. Similarly to how you receive updates to your smartphone, Model S owners receive updates to their car remotely without visiting a service center. The ability to receive these updates is free for the life of the vehicle.
Tesla Model S Specs
- Access to Tesla’s expanding Supercharger network
- Mobile connector with 110 volt, 240 volt, and J1772 adapters
- 17″ capacitive touchscreen
- Onboard maps and navigation with free updates for 7 years
- Automatic keyless entry
- WiFi and Internet connectivity
- Mobile app remote control
- Retracting door handles
- One touch power windows
- High definition backup camera
- GPS enabled Homelink
- Hands free talking with Bluetooth
- Voice activated controls
- AM, FM, and Internet streaming radio
- Available Ultra High Fidelity Sound package with XM radio support
- Auto dimming mirrors
- Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory
- Two USB ports for media and power
- 12 volt power outlet
- Twelve way power adjustable, heated front seats with memory and driver profile
- Available subzero weather package with heated rear seats and wiper blade and windshield washer fluid defrosters
- Front trunk (no engine!), rear trunk, and 60/40 folding rear seats with 63.3 cubic feet of storage
- Active safety technologies, including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking, have begun rolling out through over-the-air updates
- Daytime running lights
- Available Smart Air Suspension for raising and lowering ride height
- Eight airbags for driver and passenger heads, knees, and pelvis plus two side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability and traction control
- Four wheel antilock disc brakes with electronic parking brake
- Three second row LATCH attachments for child seat installations (accommodates three child seats simultaneously: two with LATCH and one with top tether and belt)
- Premium Interior and Lighting adds
- Fit and finish refinements, including the use of higher quality materials and ambient lighting
- Power liftgate
- Fog and cornering lights
- Lighted door handles
- Interior accent lighting