Honda Motor Company today announced the All New City 2021 for the GCC, Jordan and Egypt at a Virtual Launch Event held on their YouTube channel today and the respective social media channels of the country wise distributors. The All-New 5th Generation Honda City is the longest and the widest sedan in its segment and has exceeded the benchmark with its premium design, technological prowess, unmatched comfort, advanced safety, with class leading fuel economy, rear a/c vents and advanced connectivity.
The Grand Concept of the All New City 2021 is based on ’Ambitious Sedan’ giving ambitious people seeking better living confidence to upgrade their lives. All New City is based on Our Grand Concept which is supported by the City’s core values of Smart Style and Outstanding interior space. To this the value of ‘Strong’ was added based on the demand in the Middle East. The All New 2021 City is an authentic sedan form, which is confident and secure and an intelligent sedan.
Absolutely New Design and Exterior Styling
The All New City 2021’s concept of exterior design is set as “STANDING on the EDGE” aiming for styling that can stand on the cutting edge of this era. With its sharp body character lines starting from the front Day Time Running Lights, which flows along the side just above the door handles and blending into the three-dimensional rear lights. This bold front is taken to the next level with the integration of full LED headlights with 9 LED Array Inline shell in the EX Grade Only, Integrated LED DRL in all grades and L-Shaped LED Turn signal in all grades which give it a sporty and advanced look and feel. The upper Chrome grille in the front presents the signature Honda Solid Wing Face and elevates the car to a sleek and sophisticated position. The EX Grade also boasts of LED Front Fog Lights and all Grades have the Rear LED Fog Lights.
The Katana Blade in Motion
Inspired by the Japanese Katana Blade, a type of curved sword used by the ancient samurai, the All-New City follows a continuity of lights with a sharp shoulder-line that accentuates its premium look and length. This character line runs right from the headlamp all the way to the taillights defining its shape and making the hood seem longer giving the car a distinguishably precise and aerodynamic impression.
The All New City is longer and wider giving it a large stance, which elevates its image of being a luxurious sedan. Length has increased by 90mm, Width by 60mm and large trunk volume.
All New Sport Grade – LX Sport
A First in 2021, the All New City Introduces a whole new grade namely the City LX Sport. The LX Sport concept adds sport black exterior trim accents to enhance the City brand and give it a sporty look. This grade has been primarily introduced to attract younger customers and add to the young and sporty segment of Honda. The Salient Features of the Sport Grade Include:
- Piano Black Honda Solid Wing with Honeycomb Grille
- Body Colored Door Handles
- Piano Black Mirror
- Fog Lamps with Fin Garnish
- Black Shark Fin Antenna
- LED Taillights
- Black Trunk Spoiler
- Sport Badge
- 16” Alloy Diamond Cut Wheels
Spacious Luxurious Interior Styling and Convenience Features
Achieving a clear vision while driving, with a balance of openness and security the design is the SO-KAI or invigorating cockpit design in the All-New 5th Generation Honda City. The Dynamic View Concept has structured the design of the instrument panel in such a way that it falls in the line of sight for the driver.
The All-New 5th Generation Honda City spares no effort in continuing the ambition of spaciousness and comfort within the car. Inspired by putting people first, the interiors are based on Honda’s “Man Maximum, Machine Minimum” philosophy. Wherein, a thoughtfully created interior space with ample legroom and an ergonomically designed cockpit come together beautifully to give you a supremely sublime riding experience.
The seat upholstery provides a sense of luxury and refinement giving the All-New City a feel that exceeds its class. DX, LX and LX Sport all have fabric interiors whereas the EX grade has premium leather seats.
The All New City comes with Manual Air Conditioning for DX grade and Automatic Air Conditioning for LX onwards as well as rear A/c ducts for extra comfort.
Some of the important convenience features include:
- Rear Seats with Cup Holders designed for ultimate luxury.
- Window Access Controls at the Drivers Side for Comfort (All Grades)
- Satin silver look AC vent surround finish for a premium look
- Smart entry with push button starts for easy access and quicker start/stop (LX Onwards)
- Remote Control Engine Starter (LX Onwards)
- Fully automatic climate control with click-feel AC dials and white illumination (LX Onwards)
- Driver Information Interface provides useful information for the driver which includes:
- Trip A&B
- Ambient temperature
- Shift position P, N, D, R
Audio and Connectivity
The 2021 Honda City is a technologically advanced vehicle, which offers the latest features in technology and connectivity. Some of the features on the 2021 City Include:
- 8-inch Touchscreen Display Audio (LX Onwards): The all new City now comes with a Full colour 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen offers the latest in, device connectivity. It even has the Apple CarPlayTM app, or WebLink equipped in its interface which allows you to connect your smart phone.
- USB Ports: The 2021 City has two USB ports (LX grade onwards) that can be used to connect the phones or simply charge your smart phones.
- Rear Wide View Camera: It provides three different angles — normal, top-down and wide for a better view of what is behind you whenever you shift into Reverse. (LX grade onwards)
- Paddle Shift: Steering Wheel mounted Paddle shifters complete the sporty feeling and gear control for additional engine braking or overtaking or simply shifting gears.(LX Port Onwards)
Advanced Safety Features
The All New City is equipped with a lot of safety technologies that help the driver to be more confident on the roads with our ACE technology that prevent the collision impact from reaching the passengers, 6 airbags to protect passengers from collisions from any side.
Body rigidity not only provides strength to the vehicle but also contributes to Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) characteristics. The City body provides an excellent safety cell and protection with our Advanced Compatibility engineering (ACE)
Some of the other safety features include:
- Front SRS Airbag System
- Side and Side Curtain Airbags
- Anti-Lock Brake System(ABS)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Electronic Stability & Traction Control
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Agile Handling Assist
- Indirect Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (Deflation Warning System)
A powerful engine is equipped in the City to match the sporty design and looks. The new City is equipped with a 1.5-liter DOHC engine producing 119 hp. This is the best in the Segment and a torque of 145 N/M with several technologies that provide a sporty driving feel. it is equipped with a CVT transmission that makes the drive smoother with the G Shift design technology. This ensures the engine performs within a speed range that is best for fuel efficiency, Paddle shifters with 7 steps complete the set for the sporty drive. The All New City delivers a 21.1 KM/L on fuel efficiency*
*(Fuel efficiency figures are based on standard test conditions. Actual fuel efficiency may vary based on road conditions, driving style and driving environment)
The 21YM Honda City comes in the below exterior and interior colors for all the grades:
- Platinum White Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steek Metallic
- Radiant Red Metallic
- Golden Brown Metallic