GMC first elevated key off-road truck segments with the premium and capable Sierra 1500 AT4X and Canyon AT4X. Today, GMC announced the next step with the first-ever 2024 GMC Sierra HD AT4X — featuring the Sierra HD AT4X AEV Edition — a heavy duty truck that enables adventurers to go further without leaving anything behind.
The Sierra HD AT4X rounds out GMC’s lineup of premium off-road trucks, balancing increased off-road capability, smooth on-road handling, offering the most trailering technology in its class2 and first-class luxury and comfort features.
“GMC’s AT4X trim, which will be available across the entire GMC trucks lineup, offers customers more premium and capable choices when it comes to ‘do-it-all’ capabilities,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick-GMC. “Each model delivers unique strengths, with the all-new Sierra HD AT4X taking it to the max, enabling you to go virtually anywhere, with the towing power to bring your recreational toys, gear or camper along for the journey.”
AT4X: Premium Off-Roading the GMC Way
Building on the foundation of the revamped 2024 Sierra HD, which receives fresh design updates, new available premium interiors and an all-new tech-focused layout, the new Sierra HD AT4X’s highlights include:
- Available 18,500-pound (8,391 Kilograms) max trailering capacity1
- Factory-installed 1.5-inch (38mm) suspension lift
- Multimatic DSSV dampers
- Rear e-locking differential
- 35” Goodyear Territory tires
- Specific front upper and lower control arms and specific steering knuckles
- Larger steel transfer case skid plate and front aluminum skid plate
- Unique Obsidian Rush interior featuring premium appointments like massaging, full grain leather-wrapped front seats
The Sierra HD AT4X also includes a new Off-Road Mode. When engaged, the off-road mode adjusts various vehicle calibrations, such as the anti-lock brakes, traction control and stability control, to provide optimized performance when venturing off-road. Additionally, Off-Road mode alters throttle progression and transmission shifts to allow for better off-road control and performance.
The available AT4X AEV Edition adds robust stamped steel bumpers with integrated recovery points and front winch capability which provide additional driver confidence and protection. It also features heavy duty steel skid plates that help keep vital components such as the steering gear and transfer case protected on the trail. Additional features include unique 18-inch (457mm) Salta wheels and unique exterior badging and interior cues.
“The Sierra HD is an ideal foundation when it comes to on-road performance, off-road capability and insane pulling power,” said AEV CEO and founder Dave Harriton. “As with the Sierra 1500 before it, we took AEV’s signature performance-driven approach and dedication to detail to elevate the aspects that off-road customers want and demand in their heavy-duty truck. The result is an awesome truck with capability and confidence in all the right spots.”
Heavy Duty Capability: Turbocharged Pulling Power
In addition to the standard 6.6L gas engine, the new AT4X offers the turbocharged pulling power of the available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel/. Enhanced for 2024, it will deliver 470 horsepower and 975 lb-ft of torque, offering more power across the entire operating speed range.
Both engines are paired with an Allison 10-speed automatic transmission, which is designed to optimize engine power, torque and efficiency.
Confidence-Inspiring Trailering Tech
Along with the rest of the 2024 Sierra HD lineup, the new AT4X offers the most trailering assistance technologies in the heavy-duty class2 as well as the available ProGrade Trailering System.
It includes a suite of available intelligent assistance technologies designed to help streamline the hitching and towing process, with integrated tools that can help enhance customers’ safety, and confidence, including available enhanced, industry-first Transparent Trailer View4 for Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Trailering, available Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert5 and new, available Adaptive Cruise Control5 with Trailering.
Additionally, there are up to 14 available camera views6 including Hitch View, Bed View with Zoom and Bed Hitch Guidance, and Rear Side View with Trailer Length Indicator.
First-Class Interior Luxury and Comfort
The first-ever Sierra HD AT4X offers the luxurious appointments and comfort in a premium, off-road-capable HD pickup, with the exclusive Obsidian Rush interior that features power massaging front seats and full-grain leather-wrapped seats throughout as well as authentic Vanta Ash wood décor and 12-speaker Bose® Premium Series audio system with Centerpoint surround technology. The AEV Edition also features the AEV logo on the front-seat head restraints and unique AEV-branded floor liners.
The centerpiece of the new cabin is an all-new, tablet-style 13.4-inch (340 mm) diagonal infotainment3 touchscreen. It is complemented by a 12.3-inch (312 mm) diagonal configurable driver information center and a (381 mm) 15-inch-diagonal head-up display. Together, they provide customers incredible levels of personalization and intuitive engagement.
- 1Sierra HD AT4X’s 18,500-lb (8,391 Kilograms) max rating requires available 6.6L Diesel engine and conventional towing. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
- 2Class is gasoline and diesel heavy duty pickups in the GM Large Pickup segment. Based on latest competitive data available.
- 3GMC Infotainment System functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some device.
- 4Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information. Requires available accessory camera and installation. Not compatible with all trailers. See your dealer for details.
- 5Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for important feature limitations and information.
- 6Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information. Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation. Not compatible with all trailers. See your dealer for details.