The 2021 F-150 was engineered for work and play, and nowhere is this more apparent than with the debut of the PowerBoost full hybrid equipped F-150 pickup.
The first pickup in its segment to come with the option of a full hybrid powertrain, F-150 PowerBoost seamlessly marries Ford’s 3.5-litre V6 EcoBoost® engine to a 44-horsepower (33-kilowatt) electric motor to develop a combined 430 horsepower and 772 Nm of torque1.
It’s this Raptor-rivalling2 level of torque that really gives owners the pulling power to haul cargo and tow loads wherever they need to go. With a maximum 5,760kg towing capability3 and 961kg4 cargo payload, owners can pack everything they need for a remote exploration on weekends, or jobsite work during the week.
The PowerBoost engine also delivers a perfect balance of power and efficiency. The 4×4 PowerBoost has an EPA-estimated 9.8l/100km combined fuel economy rating, which is best among 4×4 petrol-powered light-duty full-size pickups. The 4×4 PowerBoost-equipped truck has an EPA-estimated range of over 1,100 kilometres on a single tank of fuel5.
Built to offer more capability when in remote locations, every PowerBoost F-150 also comes equipped with Pro Power Onboard as standard. Pro Power Onboard operates when the vehicle is parked or in motion, which means you can charge items while you’re driving to your camp or worksite.
With 2.3 kilowatts of exportable power on tap at outlets in the cabin and cargo box, owners have electricity available to them everywhere they go. And, once they reach their destination, they can tap into the power outlets in the truck bed to get started on a project, or set up the ultimate campsite.
The PowerBoost hybrid powertrain is available on XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum and Limited models and is just one of four engine choices available to F-150 owners.
The all-new F-150 features decades of innovation – from its high-strength, military-grade, aluminium alloy body atop a high-strength steel frame, to revolutionary EcoBoost® technology. F-150 is the only light-duty full-size pickup that comes standard with a 10-speed automatic transmission across all engine offerings.
- Calculated via combined performance of the engine and electric motor(s) with peak battery power. The calculations utilise SAE J1349TM engine results and Ford electric motor dyno testing. Your results may vary.
- Based on 2020 F-150 Raptor torque of 692Nm.
- Max towing on F-150 SuperCab 8’ box and SuperCrew 4×2 with available 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow Pkg. Class is Full-Size Pickups under 3855 Kg. GVWR. Max towing varies based on cargo, vehicle configuration, accessories and number of passengers.
- Max towing on F-150 XL PowerBoost SuperCrewTM, 4×2 with Max Trailer Tow Package. Max towing varies based on cargo, vehicle configuration, accessories and number of passengers.
- Range calculation based on 30.6-gallon tank and EPA-estimated rating of 24 combined mpg. Actual range will vary.